Jones Frontier Splitboard 2023
- Availability: In stock
The Jones Frontier Splitboard is the board you'd want to ride every day, just cut in half. Combining floaty directional rocker with a freestyle-inspired tail and a playful flex, this board excels in the variable conditions you expect in the backcountry, but doesn't flounder when the stars align and you find yourself in deep pow. Traction Tech 2.0 edges ensure grip and stability when things are firm, whether arcing turns on the descent or side-hilling up an icy skin track. Float through the soft stuff, harvest the corn and hit every natural feature on the way down; the Jones Frontier Splitboard is the adventure companion you've been waiting for.
- Classic Core - Full wood premium poplar core that offers fun pop, even flex and solid durability.
- Biax Fiberglass - A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Sintered 8000 base - Super durable base material made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easy to repair, easy to wax and super fast.
- Eco-Plastic Topsheet - Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This ecomaterial is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet).
- Karakoram Ultra Clips 2.0 with Tip-Lock - Karakoram Ultra Clips 2.0 are lighter weight, clamp tighter and have a smaller footprint than the original Ultra Clip. They are also adjustable so you can maintain even compression as your splitboard ages.
- Oversized recycled edges - Oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and
improved production sustainability.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls - ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improves the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop
and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Factory Tuned - All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Forever Flex - Forever Flex is a manufacturing process that helps stabilize the flex and rocker profile of a board for it’s lifetime. Our boards now finish the first stages of production slightly overbuilt and then we “break them in” using specialized machinery that mimics extreme riding use. By flexing the fresh board fibers and epoxy at the factory the materials settle in to their final arrangement within the board layup much the same as if you rode the board for 20 days. This process helps us narrow our production tolerances so the board you buy has a more accurate specified flex and rocker profile that will change less as you ride it more.
- Flip Flop Base