The Spank Oozy Trail Pedal utilizes new forge tooling and intensive CNC weight optimization, as well as lighter traction pins, to shave weight, but maintain strength for trail riding. Oozy Trail Pedals achieve an ultra-thin 12mm thickness without compromising a closed axle design or strength, by utilizing a cold forged pedal body and a special scandium enriched, hollow taper steel axle, paired with a thin walled IGUS outboard bushing. The results are improved pedaling and cornering clearance, lowered center of gravity, and improved efficiency as the rider's foot is brought closer to the center axis of the pedal. Chamfered leading and side edges also improve the pedals ability to glance over obstacles and reduce impact forces. Oversized industrial sealed inboard bearings are flush with crankarms to reduce leverage on the bearing unit while at the same time reducing Q-factor. The extra-long platform improves grip and support, while further reducing the "pedal flip" effect during climbing or aggressive pedaling. The Spank Oozy is truly a revolution in pedal design!
- Material: Cold Forged Alloy Pedal Body with Hollow Taper Scandium Enriched Steel Axle
- Bearings: Oversized Sealed Industrial Full Bearing (inboard), Sealed IGUS Bushing (outboard)
- 18 Adjustable Pins per Pedal
- Inboard Friction Seal Reduces Contamination
- Weight: 360 grams per pair with pins