Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon 29 S Kit Mountain Bike 2020
Tracing its roots to the Hightower, and now featuring ...More information
- Brand:Santa Cruz Bicycles
- Article number:18633
- Availability: In stock
The Megatower is the fusion of big wheels and the biggest-hitting suspension system. It’s a modern day brawler, as suited to diehard racers as it is to riders wanting to conquer their hometown trails.
Tracing its roots to the Hightower, and now featuring the lower link-driven VPP suspension derived from the V10, the Megatower is the most capable, confidence-inspiring 29er trail bike in our line-up. The lower-link mounted shock configuration – designed for compatibility with both air and coil shocks – provides a progressive shock rate that has unmatched traction and bottom out resistance, making it ideal for taming the longest descents and rowdiest hits.
In order to make the Megatower stride confidently acro
ss the globe it has an enormous amount of clever adjustability hidden in its bones. A tidy and concealed flip chip in the lower-link adjusts bottom bracket height and changes progressivity of the rear suspension. A second, in the rear dropouts, allows for a 10mm fore-aft adjustment in chainstay length to dial in the rider’s rearward weight distribution - either set for play or for stability. The flip chips are a robust mechanism for riders looking to tune their ride according to their needs without compromising reliability and durability. No wackadoo mousetraps and frail proprietary shocks here.
The Megatower isn’t all fight and fury, it’s smart and savvy too. It has a sharp, 76-degree seat tube angle for winching to the top of the kinds of descents where having a roomier cockpit and a 65-degree head tube angle will come in handy. And you can still carry around a full water bottle inside the frame (even with a piggyback shock), and the frame is well protected with a shock fender, shuttle guard, downtube protector and ribbed chainstay protector.
- Kit - S
- Weight - 14.89kg / 32.83lbs
- Material - Carbon C
- Fork - Fox 36 Float Performance 160mm 29"
- Shock - RockShox Super Deluxe Select+
- Shock Options - RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Select+ (400 S, 450 M, 500 L-XL, 550 XXL)
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX Eagle
- Shifters - SRAM GX Eagle
- Crankset - SRAM Stylo 7k 148 DUB, 30t - 170mm
- Cassette - SRAM XG1275 Eagle 10-50T
- Chain - SRAM GX Eagle 12 SPD
- Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Brakes - SRAM Code R
- Brake Rotors - Avid Centerline 200mm
- Headset - Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars - Race Face Aeffect R 35x780 20mm Rise
- Stem - Race Face Aeffect R 40mm
- Grips - Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub - DT 370 15x110 32H (28H w/Reserve upgrade)
- Rear Hub - DT 370 12x148 32H (28H w/Reserve upgrade)
- Rims - Race Face AR Offset 30 29" Rims
- Rim Options - Santa Cruz Reserve 30 Carbon Rim
- Spokes - DT Competition (32)
- Front Tire - Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ TR
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ TR
- Tubes - Stans Sealant 2oz
- Chainguide - MRP AMg V2 Alloy chainguide
- Seat Post - RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Pro