Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon 29 R Kit Mountain Bike 2020
Tracing its roots to the Hightower, and now featuring ...More information
- Brand:Santa Cruz Bicycles
- Availability: In stock
The Megatower is the fusion of big wheels and the biggest-hitting suspension system. It’s a modern day brawler, as suited to diehard racers as it is to riders wanting to conquer their hometown trails.
Tracing its roots to the Hightower, and now featuring the lower link-driven VPP suspension derived from the V10, the Megatower is the most capable, confidence-inspiring 29er trail bike in our line-up. The lower-link mounted shock configuration – designed for compatibility with both air and coil shocks – provides a progressive shock rate that has unmatched traction and bottom out resistance, making it ideal for taming the longest descents and rowdiest hits.
In order to make the Megatower stride confidently across the globe it has an enormous amount of clever adjustability hidden in its bones. A tidy and concealed flip chip in the lower-link adjusts bottom bracket height and changes progressivity of the rear suspension. A second, in the rear dropouts, allows for a 10mm fore-aft adjustment in chainstay length to dial in the rider’s rearward weight distribution - either set for play or for stability. The flip chips are a robust mechanism for riders looking to tune their ride according to their needs without compromising reliability and durability. No wackadoo mousetraps and frail proprietary shocks here.
The Megatower isn’t all fight and fury, it’s smart and savvy too. It has a sharp, 76-degree seat tube angle for winching to the top of the kinds of descents where having a roomier cockpit and a 65-degree head tube angle will come in handy. And you can still carry around a full water bottle inside the frame (even with a piggyback shock), and the frame is well protected with a shock fender, shuttle guard, downtube protector and ribbed chainstay protector.
- Kit - R
- Weight - 15.29kg / 33.71lbs
- Material - Carbon C
- Fork - RockShox Yari RC 160mm 29"
- Shock - RockShox Super Deluxe Select
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM NX Eagle
- Shifters - SRAM NX Eagle
- Crankset - SRAM NX Eagle 148 DUB, 30t - 170mm
- Cassette - SRAM PG1230 11-50t
- Chain - SRAM NX Eagle
- Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Brakes - SRAM Guide RE
- Brake Rotors - Avid Centerline 200mm
- Headset - Cane Creek 10 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars - E13 TRS Base
- Stem - E13 Base
- Grips - Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub - SRAM MTH 716, 15x110, Torque Cap, 32h
- Rear Hub - SRAM MTH 746, 12x148, 32h
- Rims - WTB ST i29 TCS 2.0 29" Rims
- Spokes - DT Competition (28)
- Front Tire - Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ TR
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ TR
- Tubes - Stans Sealant 2oz
- Chainguide - E13 TRS Race SL ISCG05
- Seat Post - Race Face Aeffect, 31.6
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Race Saddle