Santa Cruz Heckler 8 CC Carbon Frame 27.5 R Kit Mountain Bike 2021
Even more to heckle
The Heckler is about expanding your own trail map - accessing previously unreachable trails, unlocking less-used trails, and doing so independently. The full carbon frame ...More information
- Brand:Santa Cruz Bicycles
- Availability: In stock
Santa Cruz Heckler CC Carbon Frame 27.5 R Kit Mountain Bike 2021
Even more to heckle
The Heckler is about expanding your own trail map - accessing previously unreachable trails, unlocking less-used trails, and doing so independently. The full carbon frame and interchangeable 504wh battery keep the weight down compared to bikes with larger batteries but it's fast and easy to put in a fresh battery for even bigger, longer days.
Our bikes have always been about amplifying fun. Trailblazers like Greg Williams, Ash Smith, and Danny MacAskill weren’t asking for a dumbed-down ride up. Or down. They wanted something to push their riding to new levels and held maneuverability sacrosanct as the new tech was introduced.
27.5-inch wheels are lighter and easier to move around. The mixed-wheel option gives riders the confidence of a 29-inch wheel up front for traction and roll-over when you're caught off guard by technical features. But retaining the 27.5 rear wheel allowed us to keep the moderate chainstay length of the Heckler (445mm), which provides a snappy and easy-to-handle bike on tight, demanding trails. We did this without compromising on the standard Heckler’s geometry, so the bike’s character is still very lithe and accurate.
The new Shimano EP8 motor is lighter than the previous unit (380g), has more power (85nm versus 75nm), smaller volume (-10%) for greater ground clearance, less drag (50%), more heat resistant, and tuned to give more power in Trail mode. All this means it's even more capable of tackling longer, tougher rides.
And like every Santa Cruz bike, the Heckler is built for the rigors of true mountain biking. Shimano electronics were chosen for their refinement and reliability, while quality pivot hardware, easily replaceable radial bearings and no-nonsense internal cabling were considered with a mechanic's sanity in mind!
The Heckler’s boundaries aren’t defined by distance, laps, or time. The boundaries in our head that say, “Don’t bother”, “Turn back”, “Impossible.” Smashing these boundaries is what got us hooked on riding in the first place. Heckler’s not about taking things easy, it’s about making things possible.
- Kit - R
- Price - $6999USD
- Weight - 21.52kg / 47.44lbs
- Fork - RockShox Yari RC 160mm 27.5"
- Shock - RockShox Super Deluxe Select
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM NX Eagle 12spd
- Shifters - SRAM NX Eagle Single Click, 12spd
- Crankset - Shimano E8000 Crank Arms 165mm
- Cassette - SRAM PG1210, 12spd, 11-50t
- Chain - SRAM NX Eagle
- Brakes - SRAM Guide RE
- Brake Rotors - Avid Centerline 200mm
- Headset - Cane Creek 10 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars - E13 TRS Base
- Stem - e.13 Base
- Grips - Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub - SRAM MTH 716, 15x110, Torque Cap, 32h
- Rear Hub - SRAM MTH 746, 12x148, 32h
- Rims - WTB ST i30 TCS 2.0 27.5"
- Chainguide - E13 E-Spec+ AL
- Battery - Shimano 504Wh Integrated
- Drive Unit - Shimano Drive Unit DU-E7000
- Display - Shimano Display Unit SC-E7000
- Remote - Shimano E7000 Mode Switch
- Charger - Shimano Battery Charger
- Spokes - Sapim Race
- Front Tire - Maxxis Minion DHR II, 27.5x2.6 EXO+ TR
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Minion DHR II, 27.5x2.6 EXO+ TR
- Tubes - Stans Sealant 2oz
- Seat Post - SDG Tellis
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Race Saddle