Santa Cruz Chameleon Aluminum Frame R+ Kit 27.5+ 2019
We took the fun-loving, shreddy spirit and adjustability of the beloved aluminum Chameleon and added a lighter, faster, more ...More information
- Brand:Santa Cruz Bicycles
- Availability: In stock
- Delivery time:In Stock and Available for In Store Pickup Only
The tin lizard has ascended the evolutionary ladder and is now a fully-imagined carbon fiber creature. It’s Darwinism in action.
We took the fun-loving, shreddy spirit and adjustability of the beloved aluminum Chameleon and added a lighter, faster, more advanced version of the species. It’s a do-it-all hardtail that is as happy making the most of backyard booter (mis)adventures as it is fully-loaded with camp gear and a color-matched dangle mug.
Speaking of color-matched, the carbon chameleon features custom blue Hope hubs and headset on the SE kit make this reptile stand out from the crowd. Two bottle cage mounts, including a triple-bolt cargo cage mount under the downtube mean you can escape from the crowds, too.
The Chameleon changes to suit its environment. Twenty-niner or 27-plus, geared or single-speed, this adaptable hardtail utilizes a suite of simple, swappable dropouts to convert it from aggro trail charger to single-speed racer to husky bikepacking mule, or anything in between.
Depending on setup and skill level, the Chameleon is capable on a wide range of terrain—aggressive trail riding to jump lines to all-around use. Going for maximum speed and rollability? Go 29er. Riding mostly loose terrain? Get some Plus tires that provide traction for days.
The most versatile bike in our range ticks even more boxes.
- Kit - R+
- Weight - 13.43kg / 29.62lbs
- Material - Aluminum
- Wheel Size - 29
- Fork - FOX Rhythm 34 130
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM NX Eagle
- Shifters - SRAM NX Eagle
- Crankset - SRAM NX Eagle 148 DUB, 30t - 170mm (S), 175mm (M-XL)
- Cassette - SRAM PG1230 11-50t
- Chain - SRAM NX Eagle
- Brakes - SRAM Level T
- Brake Rotors - Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset - Cane Creek 10 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars - Race Face Ride
- Stem - Race Face Ride Stem
- Grips - Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub - SRAM MTH 716, 15x110, 32h
- Rear Hub - SRAM MTH 746, 12x148, 32h
- Rims - WTB ST i40 TCS 2.0 27.5 Rims
- Spokes - DT Competition (32)
- Front Tire - Maxxis Rekon 27.5x2.8 EXO TR
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Rekon 27.5x2.8 EXO TR
- Tubes - Stans Sealant 2oz
- Seat Post - Race Face Aeffect, 31.6
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Race Saddle
- 13.43kg / 29.62lbs