Rocky Mountain Instinct Carbon 50 Mountain Bike 2021
The Instinct has been the go-to bike fo ...More information
- Brand:Rocky Mountain Bikes
- Availability: In stock
The Instinct has been designed for epic rides and wide-open singletrack. As our most versatile platform, the Instinct thrives on all types of trails, tackling features with the utmost efficiency and responsiveness.
The Instinct has been the go-to bike for riders looking for a bike that does it all, and our most recent design takes that philosophy to the next level. The desire to ride faster and harder than ever is universal amongst riders, and the changes we've made to our Instinct take that to heart while maintaining peak efficiency. Updated geometry and frame features mean that the Instinct is versatile and can adapt to meet any demands that you or the trail may have.
Size Specific Tune Suspension
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
FORM™ Alloy Frame Construction
FORM™ tubesets utilize premium materials to meet our strict requirements. Each FORM™ tube that we create is engineered for its specific purpose within the frame, ensuring optimized strength, weight, and ride quality.
RIDE-9 adjustment System Geometry
The RIDE-9 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys. Nine configurations are possible thanks to two interlocking chips.
Adjust your RIDE-9 position for geometry before considering suspension effects, or variables like air pressure and shock compression. Make gradual, incremental changes, take notes, and be methodical. Don’t adjust in a hurry before a big ride. Take your time and enjoy the process.
Smoothlink Suspension Suspension
Smoothlink suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
Smoothwall Carbon Frame Construction
Smoothwall carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.
- Frame - SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB92. Internal Cable Routing. 2-Bolt ISCG05 Tabs. RIDE-9™ Adjustable Geometry. 2 Position Axle. 140mm Travel. SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon Rear Triangle
- Sizes - XS-SM-MD-LG-XL
- Fork - Fox 36 Float EVOL GRIP Performance Series 150mm | 27.5 = 37mm Offset | 29 = 44mm Offset
- Front Travel - 150mm
- Shock - Fox Float DPS Performance | Sealed Bearing Eyelet | 25x8mm F Hardware | XS - SM = 190x45mm | MD - LG - XL = 210x52.5mm | Size-Specific tune in FAQ
- Rear Travel - 140mm
- Headset - FSA Orbit NO.57E | 36°x45° Bearings | 30.2mm x 41mm x 7.1mm Upper | 40mm x 51.8mm x 7.5mm Lower | 1.5" Crown Race
- Stem - Rocky Mountain 35 AM | 5° Rise | All Sizes = 40mm
- Handlebar - Rocky Mountain AM | 780mm Width | 25mm Rise | 9° Backsweep | 5° Upsweep | 35mm Clamp
- Grips - Ergon GE10 EVO Lock On
- Brakes - Shimano XT Trail 4 Piston | Metallic Pads | RT66 180mm F Rotor | RT66 180mm R Rotor
- Shifters - Shimano SLX
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano XT
- Cranks & Chainrings - Race Face Aeffect Cinch | 27.5 = 34T | 29 = 32T | 24mm Spindle | 170mm Crank Length
- Bottom Bracket - Shimano SM-BBMT500
- Cassette - Shimano SLX 10-51T
- Chain - Shimano M7100
- Front Hub - Rocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15mm
- Rear Hub - DT Swiss 370 Boost 148mm | RMB Axle | 163mm x 12mm x 1.5mm
- Spokes - DT Swiss Champion 2.0
- Rims - WTB ST Light i30 TCS 2.0 Tubeless | Tubeless Ready - Tape | Valves Incl | 32H
- Tires - F: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra EXO+ Tubeless Ready // R: Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra EXO+ Tubeless Ready
- Seatpost - Rocky Mountain Toonie Drop Alloy 30.9mm | XS - SM = 125mm | MD - LG = 150mm | XL = 170mm
- Saddle - WTB Volt Race | Cromoly Rails | 142mm Width
- Weight - 15 KG | 31.1 LBS | Incl. Inner Tubes