Jones Hovercraft 2.0 Snowboard 2024
- Availability: In stock
The new Hovercraft is a modern manifestation of our cult classic alternative freeride shape that features our most advanced 3D shape tech and groundbreaking recycled materials. The Hovercraft's new shape keeps the floaty nose, compact tail, directional rocker profile and long sidecut that made the original model so nimble and stable, but its been supercharged with 12mm of spoon bevel in the nose for lightning fast turn intiation and a glide accentuating, speed boosting 3D hull in the tail.
- Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Sintered 8000 Base - New super durable material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easily repairable, highly wax absorbent and wicked fast.
- Biax fiberglass - A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Bio Resin - Bio Resin is a bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organic raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
- Forever Flex - Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
- Factory Tuned - All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls - ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Oversized recycled edges - All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Sustainable Flax Top - Flax fibers are used in place of a traditional topsheet and offer a damp ride that absorbs chatter at any speed. Flax uses less resin in the board layup which saves more weight and synthetic materials.
- Reclaimed Core - High performance poplar paulownia wood core featuring specially positioned embedded stringers made from reclaimed snowboards.