Jones Freecarver 9000s Snowboard 2024
- Availability: In stock
The new Freecarver 9000s is a directional freeride board designed to help you carve the fastest, deepest turns of your life. Featuring a mid-stiff flex, full camber profile and a tapered directional shape, the Freecarver 9000s blends design elements from race, boardercross and freeride boards into a high powered, big turn trenching machine. The Freecarver 9000s has a long, nine meter side cut radius and long effective edge. This is a board you can lay on rail and lock into huge GS turns like a freight train barrelling down the tracks. The Freecarver 9000s is built with an Ash veneer topsheet and Triax fiberglass that suck up chatter, a 3D Contour Base 2.0 that improves turn initiation and a hyper fast and durable Sintered 9000 base
- True Camber - A traditional full camber profile that offers the insane edge response of camber without the usual hang-ups. The camber radius tapers into the beveled 3D Contour Base at the tips which releases the edges where they like to hook and balances the pop and directional stability of camber with a looser, less-catchy feel.
- Directional Flex Pattern
- Forever Flex – All Jones boards are broken in using specialized machinery that mimics extreme riding use to help stabilize the flex and rocker profile of a board for it's lifetime.
- Flex Rating – 8/10 (1=Soft, 10=Stiff)
- 9mm Taper
- 3D Contour Base 2.0 – Moderate 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 4mm spoon bevel in the nose and 4mm spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
- Progressive Sidecut – At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Blunt Nose – "How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep is dictated by it's front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the 'snow plow' rounded tip and it's extra swing weight." - Jeremy Jones
- FSC™ Power Core – Triple-density full wood core featuring hardwood bamboo stringers for added pop and durability plus paulownia for weight savings. and pop
- V-Core – Boards with V-Cores are slightly softer in the very center of the board for improved maneuverability and stiffer through the tip and tail for stability and Pop
- Triax Fiberglass – Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Power Sustainable Basalt Stringers – Sustainable stringers made with 100% natural fibers. Basalt stringers improve torsional response and transfer power from under your feet to the tips of the board to help eliminate nose and tail chatter.
- Recycled ABS – ABS plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improves the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Sintered 9900 Base – Sintered Ultra High Molecular Weight polyethylene with carbon additives
- 2 x 4 Insert Pattern